Powered by the Management Council, Ohio Connectivity Champions are the “boots-on-the-ground” supports, working to remove barriers to internet access by:
- Ensuring Ohioans have home internet access for online learning, telehealth, job seeking and applying, skills development, and taking part in the 21st century economy
- Helping school districts with deployment and development of connectivity programs
- Working closely in partnership with the Ohio Department of Education, libraries, digital equity coalitions, and Ohio’s Information Technology Centers
- Engaging vendors to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Promoting and assisting households in enrolling in cost saving programs such as the Affordable Connectivity Program
Ohio Connectivity Champions help families ensure internet access, which is foundational to closing the homework gap, increasing job skills, maintaining health and welfare, and increasing digital literacy. The Connectivity Champions are positioned to build relationships with school technology coordinators, libraries, community organizations, non-profits, and other digital equity coalitions and marshal available resources to help those organizations overcome connectivity challenges.
For flyers and other materials to share with families, see the District Resources here
Ohioans can reach the Connectivity Champions directly by webform
, by email or text at email@example.com
, and by phone at 844-K12-OHIO
(844-512-6446) Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Connectivity Champions collaborate closely with Information Technology Centers to help support students and their families with household connectivity to enable remote learning.
Ohio’s Information Technology Centers work together through a statewide network known as the Ohio Education Computer Network (OECN). The Management Council
coordinates and supports the collaborative efforts of the OECN, which implements a broad spectrum of academic and administrative technologies across Ohio’s PreK-12 education system.