Thank you for your continued efforts to support the early care and education of Ohio’s youngest learners. We understand there may have been some confusion from a recent email around Step Up To Quality comprehensive assessment requirements, which we will clarify in an additional communication very soon. Those clarifying points will not impact the information below as the assessment window closes.
This communication is to provide you with some considerations for the end of the Early Learning Assessment (ELA) fall window that closes in the Ready for Kindergarten Online system (KReady) on November 14 at 11:59 PM.
|November 16 -23rd||
|Early December 2021||
|EMIS & EAS Dates|
- The most reliable way to verify that all students have complete scores is to look at the SKB Report in the KReady system. Data managers and administrators can run these reports and identify which students are missing scores.
- If more than one score is entered for the same SKB on a student, the last rating entered is what contributes to the overall Learning Progression score.
- If any scores are missing, we encourage data managers to communicate with the teacher associated with the specific student to provide any necessary support to ensure all data is entered in the system by Nov. 14 at 11:59 p.m.
- Each PSE and ECE funded child must have a rating for 24 SKBs to generate the scores for the 10 required Learning Progressions.
- In the rare event a teacher does not have the necessary evidence to determine a rating for one or more of the required SKBs before the assessment window closes, the SKB should be left blank in the KReady system or the Bridge Form. Please contact ELAHelp@education.ohio.gov for additional questions, including when to use the N, NE or leave an item blank.
- Additional training sessions for the Early Learning Assessment (ELA) Virtual Initial Training and Early Learning Assessment Training for Support Professionals will be added for December 2021. A separate communication will be sent when they are open for registration.
- The Winter/Spring 2022 training dates will be released in December 2021.
- Registration and training inquiries should be sent to ELAHelp@education.ohio.gov
If you have any questions about the Early Learning Assessment, please contact us at ELAHelp@education.ohio.gov or reach out to Ohio K12 Help for technical questions about the KReady system at 1-844-512-6446.